by the minutes №1 of the meeting of Governing Board of the Foundation
for support and development of Theosophy
on September 25th 2018
This concept defines:
- The main ideas, objectives, tasks and principles by which the Foundation for support and development of Theosophy (infra: The Foundation) shall be guided by in its statutory activities;
- The main lines of activities of the Foundation.
The objective of activities of the Foundation
The main objective of the Foundation is to support and progress Theosophy.
Grounds of necessity of activities of the Foundation
There are the following serious problems of the modern society preventing its development in the great extent:
- Low spiritual and moral level of the society:
- loss of the objective and meaning of life by many people;
- priority of material interests over the spiritual values;
- priority of personal interests over those of the others;
- people are divided by ideas, lacking the one basic worldview.
- The spiritual and creative potency of the modern youth is getting substantially low:
- young people have no skills nor desire for work, no creative approach for solution of life problems;
- cult of consumerism is being widespread among the young people; pleasure is regarded as the highest good and goal of life;
- decline of family values, neglect to traditions, no respect for the elder generation;
- lack of patriotic ideas and mockery on them.
- Lack of the spiritual landmarks in culture and arts:
- waning interest to highly spiritual arts in favour of the visual forms and performance arts;
- standardization and unification of cultural values, loss of the national cultural identity, propaganda of the western way of life and models of behaviour;
- commercialization of culture and arts; growing introduction of manipulative technologies there.
- Limitations of scientific methods for cognizing the world. Many cognition methods and instruments of enquiry prevent science from getting to the new global level of development and from getting answers to the most relevant problems of modern reality.
In particular, it occurs so due to:
- division and contraposition of human and natural sciences;
- purely materialistic approach to research in natural sciences;
- prejudices and dogmas in scientific mileau preventing the new hypothesis and alternative models of the universe from finding their place in the science;
- lack of the synthesis of ancient and modern knowledge, of science, religion and philosophy;
- lack of acknowledging and approval of the various methods and instruments of exploring reality as the scientific ones.
Essential prerequisite for solution of the social problems mentioned above is the radical transformation of consciousness of each unit of society. Progressive change of thinking and the positive social changes, as its effect, can be achieved through the development and support of theosophy. Efficiency of elimination of the current problems depends a lot on using the system approach using innovative methods and procedures. The approach to solution of the problems of modern society based on theosophical ideas and principles fully meets these requirements as to efficiency.
Objects of the Foundation
To reach the appointed goal, the solution of the following tasks based on theosophical principles is needed:
- Encouragement of propagation of the theosophical knowledge in society, popularization of theosophical ideas in spheres of education, science, culture, arts and other spheres of life;
- Assistance for formation and implanting in society the system of spiritual values which shall be based on theosophical ideas and principles.
- Encouragement of uniting together efforts of students of theosophical science and enquirers, and uniting various methods and systems helping to evolution.
- Assistance to the studies in Laws of Time, or Kalačakra (sanskr. "Wheel of Time") as a scientific basis of theosophy; to the promotion, translation and publication of sacred texts of Tibetan Buddhist Canon and ancient Indian philosophic works, including treatises furthering development of such sciences as astrology, astronomy, physics, chemistry, biology, psychology, medicine.
- Encouragement of comparative study of religion, philosophy and science.
- Encouragement of development of culture and arts with spiritual and moral content, widening and strengthening of cultural connection based on theosophical traditions and popularization of the best achievements of the world culture.
Main lines of work of the Foundation
- Support and implementation of the programs, projects and events (including conferences, lectures, seminars, workshops, symposia, panel discussions, briefings, etc) aimed to achieve objects of the Foundation, as selfdependingly as well in collaboration with other legal bodies and persons.
- Charitable activities.
- Support and running events, programs and projects and events for pooling of experience in theosophical activities; support of effective coordination between scientific, cultural, educational organizations and business communities for sharing experience.
- Providing financial, organizational and other support for initiatives of persons and organizations which meet the goals and objectives of the Foundation;
- Encouragement the formation of the new research, educational and other centers whose activities are aimed at achieving the goals and objectives of the Foundation;
- Support and running events of cultural significance: concerts, exhibitions, festivals, theatrical performances, as well as other social and cultural events aimed at achieving the goals and objectives of the Foundation;
- Promoting legislative work on the activities of the Foundation; promoting research on the development of legislative proposals;
- Public opinion research in the field of theosophy;
- Dissemination of information on the activities of the Foundation, including that through the mass media; preparation and funding publications; production and release of films, videos, media presentations and other forms of conveying information using modern technologies, as well as distribution of monographs, compilations, textbooks, teaching and reference books and other works contributing to the achievement of goals and objectives of the Foundation;
- Publishing and printing activities in accordance with the goals and objectives of the Foundation;
- Organization of exhibitions, museums, libraries, resource centers and databases in order to implement the objectives of the Foundation;
- Running the campaigns of social advertisement for the implementation of the goals and objectives of the Foundation;
- Participation in grant competitions and other similar projects and programs for getting material assistance from the State, legal entities and persons to achieve the objectives of the Foundation;
- Interaction with state authorities and local governments on the issues of the Foundation activities.
Principles of the Foundation activities
In its activities the Foundation is guided by the following principles:
- The principle of legality, which means that the Foundation, when running its statutory activities, strictly adheres to the laws of the Russian Federation, generally accepted principles and norms of international law;
- The principle of openness (transparency) of the activities, which is achieved by posting on the website of the Foundation www.fondtheosophy.ru reports on the its activities and information on the ongoing projects;
- The principle of targeted use of funds received by the Foundation; what means that the use of donations and other income is carried out by the Foundation strictly for the purposes outlined by the Constitution and Rules of the Foundation, and in accordance with the wishes of the charity providers.
Approval of the Concept
This Concept, as well as changes and additions to it, comes into force since the moment of its approval by the decision of the Governing Board of the Foundation.